Call for Papers
Topics of interest span the range from new hardware architectures optimized for science, to emerging frameworks , to science-driven services.
Research topics of interest
- Big Data in Science needs and requirements, and use cases
- Service Infrastructure in development and deployed at facilities
- Hardware architectures supporting big data in science
- Networking and file system support for big data in science
- Software tools, frameworks and methodologies for handling big data in scientific applications
- Use of Big Data technologies (e.g., Hadoop and NoSQL) for science
- April 1, 2013: Call for Workshops Papers will distributed
- August 9, 2013: Due date for full workshop papers submission (Extended from July 30)
- August 28, 2013: Notification of paper acceptance to authors
- September 10, 2013: Camera-ready of accepted papers
- October 6, 2013: Workshop
We invite submissions of original work on the above topics. Papers can be either short (4 page position papers) or longer (8 pages) research papers. The submission are expected to clearly describe how the technology has considered the unique needs of Science in their research, design, and development. Papers should be submitted in the IEEE 2-column format through the online submission system: http://wi-lab.com/cyberchair/2013/bigdata13/cbc_index.html.
Papers should be formatted to IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Manuscript Formatting Guidelines: